Philosophy of Education
A Program Fulfilling Their Natural Potential
At FORESIGHT LEARNING CENTER we believe that early childhood education can provide children substantial advantages for growth, happiness and success, both in school and throughout life. Our primary goal is to help the children in our program fulfill their natural potential and enjoy these advantages.
To accomplish this, we have developed a philosophy that is:
- HOLISTIC: Views the child as having many facets, cognitive, social, physical and emotional- all of which are considered when teaching the "whole" child.
- DEVELOPMENTAL: Recognizes a child's changing needs and stage of growth, and adapts to serve the individual's expanding development.
- RESPONSIVE: Responds to the spontaneous interests and motivations of the child, directing the child's natural energy into constructive activities.
- PRAGMATIC: Seeks the best methods for the individual or group based on the situation, taking advantage of a broad range of teaching techniques and methods.
The needs and interests of the child determine the way in which the philosophy is applied. The teachers, specialists in early childhood education, observe and interact with the children. They prescribe from a variety of teaching methods and educational theories, activities and experiences specific to the child's needs. In such a personalized environment the child has the freedom to initiate his own meaningful activity, develop useful work habits, concentration skills, and self-reliance at his own learning rate and developmental level. Personal and social competence are fostered by creating a balance between the needs of the individual and those of the learning environment.
PRINCIPLES of the PHILOSOPHY determine specific EDUCATION GOALS:
- TEACH CHILDREN TO LIVE SUCCESSFULLY.
- PROMOTE PERSONAL AND SOCIAL GROWTH.
- BALANCE STRUCTURE AND FREEDOM.
- PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES TO DEVELOP ETHICAL ATTITUDES.
- GUIDE CHILDREN - TO DISCOVER THEIR OWN WORTH & MEANING.
- ENCOURAGE INDEPENDENT THOUGHT & SELF-EDUCATING HABITS.
- FOSTER SELF-DISCIPLINE AND AN AWARENESS OF BEHAVIOR.
- ASSIST CHILDREN TO CLARIFY THEIR OWN IDEAS AND THOSE OF OTHERS.
- PROVIDE PRACTICAL EDUCATION, LESSONS AND SKILLS.